The ethical consumer ideal implies that individual customers can have a significant role, through their daily purchasing decisions, in promoting ethical corporate practices. Products that make sure that all the stakeholders in the value chain are treated fairly constitute whether a product is considered ethical. At Alltrue, we believe that better products lead to a better world, and when our members choose to use their purchasing power for good it encourages innovative companies like ours, while discouraging others that ignore the social and environmental consequences of their business model. It empowers the consumer, giving you a say in how the products you buy are made, and how the company that makes them conducts its business. In the words of Ann Lappe, “Every time you spend your money, you’re casting a vote for the kind of world you want.” At Alltrue, we believe your membership casts a vote for a better world, where people and the planet are considered over profits.
Articles in this section
- What is Alltrue?
- What Does the Alltrue Membership Include?
- Why did you rebrand? What has changed? Is there anything I need to do?
- How does Alltrue give back?
- How do I know that the products included in Alltrue were ethically made?
- What is the Alltrue ‘Flag for Good'?
- Why is it important and impactful to shop fairly, ethically, and sustainably made goods?
- How can the seasonal subscription box be sustainable or ethical?
- What impact did Alltrue have in 2020 and in which ways are you hoping to progress in the future?
- Is Alltrue cruelty free?